About this product
Kodo Millet, also known as Varagu rice or kodra in hindi, has been grown and consumed in the southern part of India for centuries. Millets are a group of highly variable small-seeded grasses, widely grown around the world as cereal crops/grains. Millets are also unique due to their short growing season. They can develop from planted seeds to mature, ready to harvest plants in as little as 65 days. By eating millets, we will be encouraging farmers in dry landareas to grow crops that are best suited for those regions. This is a step towards sustainable cropping practices and bio-diversity.
- Ingredients: Kodo Millet
- Shelf Life: 6 months
- Compared to rice, especially polished rice, millets release lesser glucose and over a longer period of time. This reduces the risk of dibetes
- Being gluten-free, they are also suitable for people with gluten intolerance/celiac disease
- Kodo millet is a versatile ingredient and can be cooked like rice or used in recipes as a rice alternate
- It can also be used to make porridge,upma,dhoklas,idlis and a falafel of sorts with the addition of tofu and vegetables.
- It makes for a great salad base